Trishul News/ Enterprise (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Trishul News”) values the trust placed in us by data subject (“you”, “your”, “user”, “subscriber”) and therefore, we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
By using TrishulNews.com (for example, when you register for an account, enter a contest or promotion, communicate with us, on our sites or applications or through social media), you agree to provide consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy. In some cases, particularly if you reside in a country governed by a data protection regulation, we may ask you to provide explicit consent to access our services before proceeding for further operations.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
‘Personal Information’ or ‘PII’ is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, mobile number and any other identifier indicating to that particular person. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
The Company respects the privacy of the users of the Services and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the user as collected by the Company is:
(a) information supplied by users
(b) information automatically tracked while navigation
(c) Inferred information through usage and log data
(d) information collected from any other sources (collectively referred to as “Information”)
- Information you provide to us
Information Collected at the Time of Registration
When you register using your web accounts like Facebook or Google+ we retrieve the following Information from your account(s) to continue to interact with you and to continue providing you the Services. Information that we collect include –
- User Name
- E-mail id
- Profile picture
- Public profile information
Information Collected when you enrol for contests and services on our website
When you enrol for any contests or services ((e.g. Daily Horoscope, Get Kundali, subscribe to newsletters etc.) on our website we may collect the following information from you:
- E-mail id
- Mobile Number
- Location (Country, State, City)
- Date of Birth
- Birth time (In case of get free Kundali)
- Birth Place (In case of get free Kundali)
- Photo (For photo contests)
- Passport Number (For verification purposes in case of contests)
Information Collected when you use our Mobile Application
When you download our mobile application we collect the below information from you-
- Device ID
- Device Type
Information you provide to us voluntarily
We may collect additional information at other times, when you provide feedback(s), modify your content or email preferences, respond to surveys, or communicate with us. This information may include your name, e-mail id, mobile number, location, etc.
B. Information Automatically Collected/Tracked while Navigation
Log File Information
We automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, mobile number, including your IP address, whenever you visit(s) our website(s), application or services. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet and recognize where you send data –For e.g. pages you viewed. We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed. We may also collect log information from your device, including your location, IP address, your device’s name, device’s serial number or unique identification number (e.g. UDiD on your iOS device), your device operating system, browser type and version, application version, operator name, screen size, CPU speed, and connection speed etc.
We may use “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by them. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our website/Application or Services to suit the interests of our users, to measure traffic ,to improve the quality, functionality and interactivity and to let the advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
C. Inferred Information through usage and log data
We may track certain information about you based upon your behavior on the TrishulNews.com We use this information for conducting internal research on our users’ demographics, devices, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users.
We may also collect Your Information to track user behaviour and preferences for internal analytics and research. We may also use your information:
- To evaluate your interest for various genres of content, services, offers;
- To perform analytics and conduct customer research, to determine your interest, for identifying content that generate sales and to analyse traffic patterns.
If you choose to post messages on social media accounts, message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the TrishulNews.com, we may collect and store such information.
Information we collect from third parties
- Information obtained from other Sources
We may receive information about you from other online sources. We may add it to our account information system and treat it in accordance with this policy. If you provide information to the platform provider or other partner to whom we provide services, your account information including may be passed on to us. We may obtain updated contact information(s) from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfil the Services or to communicate with you or share the information with any third party.
If you link, connect or login to your TrishulNews.com account with a third party service. For E.g. Google or Facebook may send us information such as your registered e-mail id and public profile information from the service as stated above
- Third Party Data Policy
- a) This app contains a software development kit (“SDK”) from a third party, Red Brick Lane Marketing Solutions Private Limited (“RBL”). The SDK is integrated with this app for the purposes of profiling the device on media consumption and other device data and utilizing the same to target relevant content and ads to the device (“Services”) pursuant to the terms and conditions of RBL Services. Further details can be obtained at http://www.zapr.in/privacy/.
- b) If you do not wish for RBL to identify media content viewing around your mobile device, please opt out of all RBL Services via the following link: http://www.zapr.in/privacy/.
- c) RBL does not collect any personally identifiable information or calls/audio/video/image/contact from your mobile device. For any questions or clarifications please reach out to: email@example.com.
- d) RBL also automatically receives and tracks certain data about your mobile device (such as your device-type, installed software and language preference) or desktop interface; and may create a unique device or user ID for you. In some cases, RBL can automatically detect or infer your location using GPS, your IP address, etc., but often your operating system will require you to grant RBL permission to access your GPS settings; please refer to your device’s system settings regarding location services.
Purposes and Lawfulness of processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with services (For e.g. processing your information by our group companies/affiliates).
We use information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, to provide you services, and to communicate with you related to below mentioned points. For example, we use information to:
- Analyse and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences),recommendation algorithms and delivery which may require sharing personal information with our group companies and affiliates or third party service providers
- To help advertisers understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications (however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site) and to provide you relevant ads
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications), so that we can send you news about Trishul, details about new features and content available on the TrishulNews.com,promotional announcements, and surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services
- Sharing with our customer support team to resolve your queries/concerns related to your rights or services provided to you
How your information is used for Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use our website, mobile application or services. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number or other personally identifiable information) about your visits or use to particular website, mobile application or services, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Presentation of information to our advertisers for helping them to understand our audience(s) and to know the value of advertising on our websites or applications, is usually in form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages / content within our websites or Applications.
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to any third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without obtaining your consent.
Information Use by the Company
The Information supplied by you enables us to improve our services and provide you the most user-friendly experience(s). In some cases for e.g. provision of certain service(s) or utility (ies), we may require your contact information as well. All required information is service dependent and the Company may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising on the “Application”) and for developing new services. We may also use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages with your consent [with an option to withdraw your consent (wherever feasible)].
Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain like any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles available on social platforms like Facebook, twitter etc.
In case you choose to decline to submit personally identifiable information on the Application/Websites, we may not be able to provide certain services on the Application/Websites to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the time of opening your account. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you for lack of you providing the necessary personal information.
When you register with the Application or Services, we contact you from time to time about updating your personal information to provide you features that we believe may benefit / interest you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
The Company shares your information with any third parties without obtaining the prior consent of User in the following limited circumstances:
- a) When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- c) The Company may present information to our advertisers – to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications – however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
- d) The Company may share your information regarding your activities on websites or Applications with third party social websites to populate your social wall that is visible to other people however you will have an option to set your privacy settings, where you can decide what you would like to share or not to share with others.
Your Controls and Choices
- Accessing and Rectifying your personal information
When you use the Services Website/application (or any of its sub sites), we make good faith efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed or corrected before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, requiring disproportionate technical effort, jeopardizing the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You can make such requests by sending us an e-mail
- Data Portability
You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; wherever feasible.
- Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your TrishulNews.com account. Please note that if you request for the erasure of your personal information;
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a TrishulNews.com account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the TrishulNews.com, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
You can write to us in case of any grievance or compliant at the support e-mail address. If you have any complaints regarding processing of your personal information you may contact our data protection officer at the below mentioned e-mail address. You have the right to complaint about the data processing activities carried out by Trishul before the competent data protection authorities.
- Objection to Processing
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes or any contests or promotions or other services, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at the below mentioned e-mail address
Trishul News/ Enterprise is not intentionally designed for or directed at persons less than 16 years of age. Trishul News/ Enterprise does not knowingly permit any person who is under 16 years of age to register with the services or to provide any other personally identifying information. If Trishul News/ Enterprise becomes aware that any personally identifiable information of persons less than 16 years of age has been collected on the TrishulNews.com without verified parental consent, then Trishul News/ Enterprise. will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information and notify the parent.
However, we consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to collect and process any personal information from children below 16 years of age or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category. Trishul News/ Enterprise does not seek or intend to seek or receive any personal information from children. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Trishul News/ Enterprise. with personal information without their prior consent, please contact our customer support team to ensure that the personal information is removed from the TrishulNews.com.
Data transfer, storage & processing globally
Security and Compliance with Laws
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your TrishulNews.com account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team.
Changes in the Policy
- Data Controller Officer
The data controller for the TrishulNews.com is Trishul News/ Enterprise. with the registered address firstname.lastname@example.org
The data protection officer (DPO) appointed by Trishul News/ Enterprise. is Mr. Vandan Bhadani who can be contacted at email@example.com
If you have any queries, complaints regarding the collecting, processing, transfer of personal data/information or regarding this policy please do contact our Data Protection Officer.
Any complaint, abuse or concern with regards to the processing of information provided by you or breach of these terms shall have to be immediately informed to our Data Protection Officer via email signed with the electronic signature at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
- a) Identification of the information provided by you;
b) Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information;
c) Your address, telephone number or e-mail address;
d) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be;
e) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you;